Monday, April 10, 2017
Midterm 2/Calculating my Grade/End of the Semester
After taking the second midterm, I feel confident in that I did well. I think the finite difference part of the test gave me some doubts because I didn't know what the final equation was supposed to look like. Other than that, I think the matrices was straightforward and the only part I think I could've messed up on was the algebra and missing a negative sign. I didn't study as hard as the last exam, and if my theory is correct, I will hope to get a better grade than my last exam. It was a theory I thought of because I noticed that I did better on tests that I studied a decent amount for but not too much. The takeaway from this exam is to keep improving, I felt that I knew the material on the exam but even if I did well on it, I have to keep going. The group project and the final are coming up and they are worth a total of 40% of our grade and to slack off and think I can do them without even trying will decrease my grade. At this point, we are just a few weeks away from finals then summer break. This is technically a extra credit blog since this is the eleventh blog except I plan on doing the extra credit so that I can worry less about this final. The same with the homework, I did all of the homework and if I go any further it will only help me achieve an A in this course, which I am striving to achieve. I calculated my grade and I believe that I have a 98% in the class, this is without the midterm two, final, individual and group project grade. This means that I only completed 30% of my total grade, but if the midterm and individual project are graded, then I would have completed 60% of my total grade. Overall, I am doing pretty well but that only confirms 30% of my grade which is somewhat weird. Nearing the end of the semester and only having 30% of our grade show up but that's expected in most courses. You really can't calculate your grade until you've at least done 70-80% of it. My plan is to not slow down and to achieve that A in the class.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I also feel weird and feel hastened to give a big push during the last few weeks.
ReplyDeleteI forget where, but I remember reading a study that posited the average person can only effectively study a single subject for only two hours, and any time spent after that drastically decreases memory retention. This might be what you have stumbled upon yourself with doing better on exams you don't study as hard for. Ever since reading that, I've made a conscious effort to adhere to the two hour rule. I'm not sure if it has helped, but it definitely decreases the amount of burnout I feel at the end of a semester if nothing else.
ReplyDeleteit's all about pushing through to the end. I have been working on decreasing my distractions.
ReplyDeleteI felt the same with this exam. I am a little worried about the finite difference as well because when I did it on the review sheet, I made a mistake and forgot a negative sign. But after I finished the test I went back and double checked just to be sure but you never know as I know that I tend to make some stupid and silly mistakes during the tests.
ReplyDeleteKeep up the good work. I know people are feeling the stress and pressure to finish strong, but like you said as long as you move forward it shouldn't be bad in the end.
ReplyDeleteKeep up the positive mentality I think this week has been the most stressful overall for me as well, Ive been going non stop for two weeks and theres still not enough time in the day.
ReplyDelete