Tuesday, April 4, 2017
Group Project Continued and Midterm 2
As we are getting closer to the deadline for the group project, I have yet to create my group let alone choose what to do. However, I have emailed other people asking if they wanted to make a group and hopefully we can get started on it. I doubt we would need more than a week to do it but I don't know what everyone's schedule is and what work they need to do. I'm not worried too much about this project since it only took me a total of 10-15 hours to do my individual project and to split that work into four people will make it even easier. Also, I doubt anyone would want to work on the project til after the test even I wouldn't want to. For the idea of the project, I didn't care too much, but I found a group that wanted to do a chemical species project. I thought it would be a good idea and that it was different to a truss. For the second midterm, I don't think it'll be too difficult. The hardest part might be the finite difference or the Gaussian Elimination. I felt that I stressed to much on the first test, and worried that I could have made a mistake because it felt like I knew everything and that the test was too easy. In fact it created more mistakes on my test and I think over studying for a test is a bad thing. It took too much of my time doing unnecessary studying. I also feel like I do better when I don't study or if I do study, studying more than 4-5 hours hurts me more. I remember taking a class and took the first test and got decent grade on it. I told myself that I would study harder and when the next test came I got a lower grade even though I studied hard for it. It could also be that the second test was harder, but then when the next test came I studied the bare minimum and got a really good grade. Overall, passed the class with a B but it felt weird with the up and down grades. Sidetracked a bit but my thoughts for this exam is to study enough not too much.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I agree with you that there's a point at which you're not really studying anymore. For this test i prepared a lot earlier but only did a little bit of the review at a time until i would get sidetracked or couldn't focus anymore. The day before the exam i just looked over the review from start to finish to see what i didn't remember and i had retained a lot more information. Im very thankful for the review sheets.
ReplyDeleteIt's definitely possible to overstudy for this class. Professor Ferrar doesn't give any trick questions to throw you off. Either you know the material or you don't. I think the best way to study for this class is to follow along with the lectures and understand why he does every step.
ReplyDeleteI agree as well, I guess what we need to find is not studying for so many hours but studying efficiently and productively lets say in a small amount of time.
ReplyDelete