Monday, March 27, 2017

Group Project

By now everyone has turned in their projects and is waiting for a grade. We all work for a grade and I especially do so, which is why I choose to do such simple and easy grading projects. I factor in the time that it takes to do the work and then see if it is worth doing it for the grade I can get from it. To do this project a second time is what I'm thinking of it as but it's based off of a different topic. I thought the truss was already a lot of work but now I have to find a totally different topic to base my group project on. I wouldn't mind doing a mass flow system since I was pretty fine doing it on the test and homework. However, there is the chance I find a team that wants to do something extraordinary and cool. I'm down with any idea but also worried that it could be too much for our group to handle. Chances of this getting into my resume is guaranteed but maybe doing something that interests me might help in contributing in my future career. I have yet to find a job or career that I want to follow and maybe this might help. I want to start early but even that may prove difficult since I have to take three tests this week, linear next week and then I can get started on the project. That is without saying that two of my other classes that have yet to announce their midterms dates doesn't add onto the amount of studying I will have to do. Good Luck to everyone on their group projects. 

  

3 comments:

  1. Ray,

    Im right there with you. Interesting projects can become more engaging however the interest can often add a layer of complexity. I think that when it comes down to working late at night, staring at a computer screen for a few hours the interest can fade quickly. If I have any say in what my group does I will push for a system that can be modeled rather easily. If interest is important Id focus upon some thing that appears interesting after the coupling has been decided.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have the same process when it comes to projects. I try to allot my time the best I can. If I know I can do something simpler without decreasing my grade, I choose that over something super hard but interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. At times, I struggle conceptualizing different processes, so I often opt to choosing something that I can understand. At moments I am ambitious; however, complexity can sometimes come with stress. Still, I appreciate ideas that step outside of the box. For instance, the heart project evaluating blood flow blew my mind.

    ReplyDelete