Sunday, February 19, 2017
Pre-Midterm Feelings
As I head into my first Linear Systems midterm I feel prepared and that my grasp of the concepts are concrete. Although, the creating differential equations or defining systems homework had me stressed for a long while the other homework was particularly straight forward. I believe that I can obtain a good grade if I am able to complete the review homework for this week without any trouble. I have learned how to define a system, the steps that one needs to take in solving problems (physicists, mathematician, engineer), matrices, and coding in MatLab. I have learned more such as laws being not laws but don't need to state all of them. What ended up surprising me was the amount of work load I have this semester, not just from Linear Systems class but from my other classes. However the other bigger surprise was how well I have been keeping up with the work load. The challenging part is to come, since we are only half way into the semester. Finals will be something I will and won't look forward to since most finals are cumulative, but will end up being the last thing I have to do until I can go on a summer vacation. My favorite topic by far is the matrix math, although I have seen some people struggle to learn it, after a while you seem to understand what steps are needed in order to reduce a matrix, or multiply them.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I am one of the "some people" you mentioned =(
ReplyDeleteMath is one of those subjects that just takes practice in order to become proficient at it. It's comforting to know that things will only get easier once you've learned the basics.
ReplyDeleteI have seen a lot of people struggle with matrices and it just makes me extremely grateful that i learned it in grade school. as far as finals go, we haven't even reached spring break yet. one thing at a time please hahaha
ReplyDeleteI don't think this test was overly difficult, but I am concerned about the future work. If I found the beginning material kinda hard, I'm assuming the rest will just get harder. I just have to keep up with the material and not fall behind.
ReplyDeletehis is my first semester as a full-time student in a while, and the amount of work has definitely been overwhelming. The linear systems course has been refreshing, mostly because the concepts have been a lot easier to follow, and the course progression has been much steadier than my other classes, which seem to ramp-up exponentially in difficulty
ReplyDeletewe feel the same, but i believe everything will be okay.
ReplyDeleteMy post tonight was about the midterm, and after taking it I feel relieved. I agree with you that matrix math is fun but I still struggled with the epchelon form reduction.
ReplyDeleteHopefully all of you did well on your midterms, and at least we are kind of half way there. Although, I knew what I was doing I ended up messing up on the matrix part of the test. Mistakes were made on that test, mainly not reading and rushing a easy test. All of us can agree we can't wait for spring break to come, only about a week and a half to go. Which if you also have a few tests before or directly after spring break, I can feel your pain but it'll be at least a good few days where we can relax.
ReplyDelete