Monday, January 30, 2017

Matrix

Learning something new everyday is exciting and amazing. Never seen a matrix in my life, and only being introduced to them a week ago was eye opening. In my electrical engineering class we used a matrix to solve a system of linear equations. It was way easier than substituting and solving the 3 unknowns with 3 equations. I wish I was introduced to this earlier because it was easier than substituting. I had to take 2 physics classes, 2 math courses, and all of my engineering courses that I had to take could have used this method to solve the equations. MatLab was also the same way, only learned of it this semester only to find out I can do so much with the program. I wished I was introduced to these things earlier into my career here at Temple. However that doesn't take away from how amazing they are and interesting. Learning how to multiply a matrix in Linear Systems class was great and pretty simple. The new idea of a inverse matrix is interesting too, because I hate division and I hope that inverse matrix isn't like that. Nonetheless, still excited to learn more.



2 comments:

  1. I am surprised Ferrar's class is the first time you've run into matrix math. As you've discovered, Matlab is a very useful application and eliminates the torture of manual substitution and the like. Learning is an amazing process and a lifelong endeavor.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Though this is not the first time I've encountered a matrix, it is the first time I learned some of the different rules governing the functions of a Matrix, and from the HW and in class I can say it is less tedious performing calculations with a Matrix but also kind of fun.

    ReplyDelete