Saturday, January 21, 2017
Engineering
As my first post I decided to make it fun and exciting. I am horrible at writing and shy when sharing my ideas to the entire world. I hope to make this a learning experience and through this blog, obtain the courage to keep sharing my ideas. I am currently a junior at Temple University and my major is Mechanical Engineering. I decided to become an engineer around the age of twelve or thirteen. At the time I was in 7th or 8th grade and there was a program that we took that helped us decide what we wanted to do in the future. Given that this story is based off of memory, forgive me if none of the stuff I am saying doesn't make sense. We attended a nearby high school called Furness High School which allowed us to have a small idea of what it was like. There I decided, "I want the highest paying job I can find." While we were there the coordinators allowed us to take this online course where we had to write an essay, complete math problems, and go through a questionnaire. Afterwards it would direct us to jobs, and of course I went to the highest paying job I could find. I found out that a doctor or a surgeon was the highest paying job. I thought that it would be too hard and that other people would want that job so I decided to not take it. I went to the next highest paying job and found out that becoming an engineer was an optimal choice considering I did well in the math portion of the course. I ended up going with that and that's how I decided I wanted to become an engineer. However, it was not until my first semester of college until I decided I wanted to be a Mechanical Engineer. Contrary to popular belief I did not become a Mechanical Engineer because I was interested in cars, however I recently did become interested in them. I studied about car tires and what the pattern on the car tires mean. My favorite part about being an engineer is the fact that I get to use a computer. I am interested in computers, however circuits, codes and the idea of being shocked made me not want to become an electrical engineer. However, I am always open to learning it. I hope to continue my journey and can't wait to learn Linear Systems.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Woohoo! Im the first to leave a comment on your page. I myself am a fellow car enthusiast, I've always been into cars and anything that has a good acceleration for an adrenaline rush. I became fascinated with cars from being the monkey wrench when ever my dad needed a tool to work on the car and didnt feel like getting out from under the car. After working on cars for nearly a decade i became obsessed with mechanical components and understood physics very well from trial and error (and getting hurt from being an adrenaline junkie) as far money goes don't worry about it, people who are passionate about their careers always end up pretty well off, just do what you love and nothing more.
ReplyDeleteMy uncle used to be a race car driver, sad I've never seen him race though. He's about thirty something years old and retired. Which I'm fine with since it is a dangerous sport. I've had my drivers license for about two years now and I haven't really driven a car since. Mainly because I have a brother to drive me. Cars in general though are cool, and every semester I spend at Temple keeps getting me more and more interested in them. Mainly because I learn so much about them. They are pretty complex in design and I keep trying to thing of other designs or ideas. The money portion was only when I was younger because at the time I was about twelve years old and found out that money was a big portion of why we do things. Now I know that I love mechanical engineering and money isn't the main benefactor to why I chose mechanical engineering as my major. Great comment and wish you the best in the class.
ReplyDelete